Friday, July 16, 2010

Uninvited Guests

When we came back from the beach, we discovered several ants congregating in one area of our kitchen floor. It was by no means a whole colony, just a couple of annoying and uninvited guests. There wasn't anything on the floor, so we're not sure what was bringing them in. I had read somewhere at the beach that cucumber peels ward off ants, so I decided to give it a try. I placed a few peelings on the floor where the ants had been, and for whatever reason, they disappeared. The cucumber obviously had a more appealing (no pun intended) aroma than the usual pesticide. The problem was that the cucumber dried out in a few hours and then those pesky ants returned (but only a couple). I tried this another round or two, and even though only one or two little ants reappeared, that was one or two ants too many. I gave in and had Jason spray a little Black Flag. That definitely did them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment