Wednesday, July 14, 2010

School Supply Savings

As a teacher, the mere thought of summer coming to an end is terrifying, but for some reason retailers are pushing their colorful fliers with tempting deals already in the middle of July! Since I can't pass up a good deal, My husband and I decided to browse through Staples on Sunday just to see if the mirage of savings was all it was cracked up to be.

They had advertised pocket folders on sale for only a penny each (with a $5 minimum purchase). The fine print said you could only get 10 folders per household and spending the $5 minimum wasn't all that difficult, as they had cute Post-Its, tiny staplers ,and adorable white boards (with magnets) for only a dollar each. When we got to the register, we were told that teachers could get 25 folders. My hubby quickly went back to score a few more, meaning I got an entire class set of pocket folders for a quarter!!

They also had an 8 pack of #2 pencils on sale for a penny each. There was a limit of 2 per household, but again... not for teachers! I got 200 pencils for a quarter as well!! Did I need the 200 pencils? Maybe not... but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Bravo, Staples! I can't wait to see what you have to offer next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment