Sunday, July 25, 2010

Move Over Martha

I was feeling inspired after watching D.C. Cupcakes (which BTW are delicious!!), so yesterday I made some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes to share with new mommy Emalee after having Baby Sydney. I made milk chocolate cupcakes (using polka dot liners) and carefully squeezed peanut butter into the middle. This is a lot harder than it sounds. I opted to not use my pastry bag, because I didn't see it ending well with the peanut butter being so thick. I attempted to still use the metal tip, but busted through two baggies. I eventually got them all "stuffed", cutting a small piece of cake out of the middle of each. I topped them with whipped milk chocolate frosting and nestled half of a Reece cup on top. They traveled nicely in their polka dot boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment