Saturday, September 25, 2010

Keeping Tabs on Coupons

It's exciting to find coupons for restaurants that you'll actually use in the Val-Pak or other fliers, but the problem is getting your hands on them when you need them. I store mine in a long accordion envelope. Mine is from The Container Store, but you can easily find one in the dollar section at Target, The Dollar Store, or even an office supply store. I labeled the tabs (using the stickers provided) into categories based on the type of various restaurants (i.e.- Mexican, Italian, Sandwiches, Fast Food, Chinese, Dessert, American, Pizza Delivery, and Misc.). These are strictly coupons for restaurants and outings. I sort coupons for groceries in an entirely separate place.




You'll probably want a longer accordion envelope because a lot of these coupons (especially in Val-Pak) are long. I keep this envelope in a kitchen drawer so that I always know where it is. I'm getting better about throwing it in my bag or in the car if I know that we'll be out and there's a chance that we'll want to grab something to eat. The question: "What kind of food are you in the mood for?" can easily be narrowed down when there is a coupon involved. The deal is sealed even quicker if we have a gift card in addition to the coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment