Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Being Thankful

This time of year is an ideal time to stop and think about the things you are grateful for. Off and on since I was in high school, I've kept a "Thanks Journal". Everyday, I try to jot down 5 things that I am thankful for. They can be simple little things (like Rainbow Cookies or getting a new magazine in the mail) to more serious things (like having 200+ family and friends celebrating our wedding day with us and living in a country without religious persecution). I've accumulated many "Thanks Journals" over the years, and it's interesting to go back and look at them. It's interesting to go back and look at what has happened over the past few months. I don't always get to it everyday, so sometimes I'm writing a few days worth of things I've been thankful for. I like to pick journals that have fun covers and use a specific pen for it so that I stay motivated to use them. I encourage you to keep a "Thanks Journal". It's humbling and helps keep things in perspective. Even if you don't start a journal, at least take the time to think about the blessings that you have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment